Company Secretary (CS) is one of the principal posts in a company where candidate act as a conscience seeker of the company.
A certified Company Secretary is hired to handle the legal aspects of a firm.
A CS is responsible for complete company’s tax returns, keep records, advise board of directors and ensure that the company complies with legal and statutory regulations.
In India, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is the only recognized professional body in India to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries.
The Company Secretaries (Amendment) Regulations, 2020 require introduction of CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) in place of the Foundation Programme. With the introduction of CSEET from February 3, 2020, new registration to the Foundation Programme has ceased to exist w.e.f. February 3, 2020, CSEET is the only qualifying entrance test for registration to the CS Executive Programme.
CS – > Entrance Exams
- Admission to ICSI’s Company Secretary programme is open throughout the year where exams are conducted twice a year i.e. June and December..
- To appear for CS CSEET entrance examination i.e.
- for May, need to enroll in between mid December and April;
- and to appear for July, enroll in between mid April and June.
- For November,enroll in between mid June to October.
- For January, enroll in between mid October to December
- To appear for CS Executive programme level,
- Enrolled by February 28 for appearing in both modules in December exam in the same year;
- or by August 31 for appearing in both modules in June exam next year.
- In case if you wants to appear in single module in June Examination in the next year;
- Enroll yourself for Executive Programme by November 30.
- A candidate is declared to have passed the Foundation / Executive / Professional examination,
- if candidate secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
- The Institute allows facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi. (Except Business Communication subject of Foundation Program)
CS Fee Structure
The CS Course Fee Structure as mentioned below,
CSEET Exam for Executive program
The Registration Fee is Rs. 1000/- per Module.
Concession for SC/ST, Physically Handicapped and Students from North Eastern States, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep & Himachal Pradesh is 50 %,Serving / Retired Personnel of Defence Services and Paramilitary Forces is 50%, ICSI Staff and Wards / Spouse of ICSI Staff is 75% and for ICLS Officers/ Officers & Staff of MCA and affiliated offices (NCLT, SFIO and CCI),Students from the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh is 100%.
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 1200/- per Module.
- Total fee for CS executive programme is Rs.9000/- for Commerce Graduates.
- Total fee for CS executive programme is Rs 12,500/- for CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA .
- Total fee for CS executive programme is 10,000/- for Non Commerce Students.
- Total fee for CS executive programme is Rs 8,500/- for CS Foundation passed students.
CS Professional Programme
- The Registration Fee is –Rs. 1200/- per Module.
- Total fee for CS executive programme is Rs.12,000/-
CS course syllabus
There are 4 papers in CS Foundation Programme as follows ->
- BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND LAW.
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, ETHICS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
- BUSINESS ECONOMICS.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING.
There are 8 papers in CS Executive Programme in two module as follows ->
Module-1 – > 4 papers
- JURISPRUDENCE, INTERPRETATION & GENERAL LAWS.
- COMPANY LAW.
- SETTING UP OF BUSINESS ENTITIES AND CLOSURE.
- TAX LAWS
Module-2 – > 4 papers
- CORPORATE & MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- SECURITIES LAWS & CAPITAL MARKETS
- ECONOMIC, BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LAWS
- FINANCIAL AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
There are 9 papers (Including 1 elective paper) in CS professional Programme in three module as follows ->
MODULE-1 – > 3 papers
- GOVERNANCE, RISK MANAGEMENT, COMPLIANCES AND ETHICS
- ADVANCED TAX LAWS
- DRAFTING, PLEADINGS AND APPEARANCES
MODULE-2 – > 3 papers
- SECRETARIAL AUDIT
- CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING
- RESOLUTION OF CORPORATE DISPUTES
MODULE-3 – > 3 papers
- CORPORATE FUNDING & LISTINGS IN STOCK EXCHANGES
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY CASE STUDIES
- ELECTIVES 1 OUT OF BELOW 8 SUBJECTS (THE EXAMINATION FOR THIS PAPER WILL BE OPEN BOOK EXAMINATION)
- BANKING LAW AND PRACTICE
- INSURANCE LAW AND PRACTICE
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS– LAWS AND PRACTICES
- FORENSIC AUDIT
- DIRECT TAX LAW & PRACTICE
- LABOUR LAWS & PRACTICE
- VALUATIONS & BUSINESS MODELLING
- INSOLVENCY – LAW AND PRACTICE