Arunachal University of Studies (AUS) is a private university located at Namsai.
Arunachal University of Studies is a Self-Sponsored State Skill University of Arunachal Pradesh. The University was established in 2012 by an act of State Legislator. It is the part of prestigious World Education Mission Group. The University is recognized by University Grants Commission (India) UGC u/s 22 of UGC Act 1956 and only NAAC accredited State University of Arunachal Pradesh. As per the statistics published by Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh in 2018, the Arunachal University of Studies in terms of number of students has become the biggest standalone institution of Arunachal Pradesh.
Type: State University Self Sponsored
Chancellor: Kamal Lochan Agrawal
Vice-Chancellor: Prof. O.P.Sharma
Academic Staff: 269
Location: Knowledge City Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh, India
Campus: Rural (63 acres)
Considering the acute need to education in the Eastern Arunachal Pradesh and Upper Part of Assam, The World Education Mission a wholly charitable NGO has established Arunachal University of Studies in Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh. The University has been established by Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh vide the AUS Act 2012 (No. 9 of 2012) and published in extraordinary official gazette of Arunachal Pradesh on dated the May 30th, 2012.
Arunachal University of Studies (AUS) Awards
- AUS Best University in East India 2019 (CEGR)
- AUS Best Knowledge Creation & Innovation University 2018 ASSOCHAM
- AUS Best University in Academics -2017 CCLA
- AUS Best Emerging University in North East -2017 ASSOCHAM
Arunachal University of Studies (AUS) Accreditation/Affiliations
- University Grants Commission (India) (UGC) u/s 22 of UGC Act 1956.
Only State University of Arunachal Pradesh accredited by National
- Assessment Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for equivalence with other
- National & International Universities.
- Bar Council of India for Legal Education Courses.
- National Council for Teacher's Education (NCTE) for Teacher Education Courses.
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) for conducting Special Education Courses.
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) for conducting Pharmacy Courses.
- Directorate of Medical Education, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh (DME) for Paramedical Courses.
- NOC from Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) for Agriculture Courses.
- NOC from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for Technical Courses.
Arunachal University of Studies (AUS) Faculty & Directorate
- Faculty of Agriculture Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Science
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Library & Information Science
- Faculty of Education, Special Education & Sports
- Faculty of Legal Studies
- Faculty of Commerce, Management & Hospitality Management
- Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Skill Development & Vocational Studies
- Navsrijan – Directorate of Discontinued Education
- University- Industry-Inter-Linkage Centre
- Directorate of Distance Education