About TISS Patna Campus
TISS Patna Campus is the Centre for Development Practice and Research is a Patna-based independent center of TISS, Mumbai.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (टाटा सामाजिक विज्ञान संस्थान) Patna Campus established on 6th March 2016.
This campus main focused on research, short-term courses, lectures, seminars and conferences, publications and student mentorship etc.
Key Description of Tata Patna
Founder: J. R. D. Tata
Director: Shalini Bharat
Key Research Area of TISS Patna Campus
This campus priority research areas includes
- Migration And labor Studies
- Justice, And School Education
The research carried at the Centre is multi-, inter-, and trans-disciplinary in nature. The Centre also intends to promote research both in vernacular and English languages.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Patna Campus Conference
National and International Conferences: The Centre has organized three national conferences and one international conference so far. The Centre plans to organize a series of conferences in 2019.
TISS Patna Collaborations 2021
The center has jointly organized programmes with:
- History Department and English Department, Patna University
- Jagjivan Ram Institute of Parliamentary Studies and Political Research
- A. N. College and College of Commerce, both Patliputra University
- Law College, Patna University
- Department of Labour Resources, Government of Bihar
- International Labour Organisation (ILO), New Delhi
- UNICEF Bihar Field Office; Aajeevika Bureau, Udaipur
- Centre for Social Equity and Inclusion, Bihar
- Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Sriperumbudur
- Kedar Das Institute for Labour and Social Studies, Patna
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna and Takshila Educational Society, New Delhi.
Governance of Tata Institute of Social Sciences
The institute has a governing board nominated by the Government of India, Government of Maharashta, the University of Mumbai and the University Grants Commission along with representatives from the institute faculty. S. Ramadorai, vice chairman, TCS and Advisor to the Prime Minister of India, is the current honorary chairperson of TISS.
The chairperson of the governing board has functions similar to that of the chancellor of a conventional university.
The academic council decides matters of academic nature and comprises faculty drawn from the institute's 4 campuses and as well as 6 external experts.
Academic Collaborations of Tata Institute of Social Sciences
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences has a history of collaboration with institutions in India.
The institute also has academic and research collaborations with other institutes and universities including University of Chicago, London School of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sciences Po, and 12 universities under the Erasmus Mundus program.