CUCHD: Chandigarh University (CU) is a full-fledged university located in Gharuan, Mohali, Punjab, India, more than 25 kilometres (16 mi) away from Chandigarh.
The university was estalished in 2012 by the Punjab State Legislature and is recognized by University Grants Commission under Section 2(F) with the right to confer degrees as per Section 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956. Satnam Singh Sandhu serves as the University's chancellor.
Key Description of CUCHD:
Chancellor: Satnam Singh Sandhu
Founded Year: 2012
Location: NH-95 Chandigarh-Ludhiana Highway,
Mohali, Punjab (INDIA), Gharuan, Mohali, Punjab, India
Recognized By: University Grants Commission
General Helpline No: +91-160-3051003
Toll Free: 1800 1212 88800
Website: Chandigarh University
Academics of CUCHD:
Chandigarh University offers:
- Doctorate Courses
in various disciplines including
- Cognitive Sciences
- Pharma Sciences
- Legal Studies
- Agricultural Science
- Media Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Basic Sciences.
The university's academia revolves around the Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS), which allows students to choose from electives in their own discipline, related fields and open electives, and allows credits transfer through semester abroad programs.
Ranking of CUCHD:
The National Institutional Ranking Framework ranked Chandigarh University 84 in the engineering category and 51 in the management category, as per the rankings released in June 2020.
The campus of CU resides in the village Gharuan, on the Chandigarh-Ludhiana Highway (NH-95).
The campus consists of 18 academic blocks, 6 girls and 14 boys hostel buildings, food courts, banks, free university dispensaries, stationery shops, and departmental stores.
The campus also holds the boxing court, badminton court, basketball court, wrestling court, and gymnasiums.
Chandigarh University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
There are also courses which are also approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT), Bar Council of India (BCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Council of Architecture (COA) and National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
2019: National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) A+
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
List of Institutes of Chandigarh University (CUCHD)
- University Institute of Engineering
- University School of Business
- University Institute of Computing
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- University Institute of Biotechnology
- University Institute of Architecture
- University Institute of Liberal Arts & Humanities
- University Institute of Film and Visual Arts
- University Institute of Teacher Training And Research
- University Institute of Legal Studies
- University Institute of Agricultural Science
- University Institute of Media Studies
- University Institute of Science
- Apex Institute of Technology
- University Institute of Neural & Cognitive Sciences
- University Institute of Applied Health Sciences
- University Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management
Various cultural events that take place around the year in the university include CU Fest, Abhivyakti National Literary Festival, and CU Rhythm International Folklore Festival. CU also backs National Cadet Corps (NCC), National Service Scheme (NSS), and Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR).