Established in the year 1984, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow is the fourth business school to become a part of the IIM group. It has received recognition from reputable organisations such as the Association of MBAs and AACSB. This institute has also established strong ties with the leading business schools across the globe, including Turku School of Economics, Bocconi University and the University of St. Gallen. Presently, it offers three postgraduate, two executive and two fellow programmes. IIML was recognized as an "Institution of Excellence" by the Government of India.
IIM Lucknow Admission Process
Candidates interested in applying to IIML have to first appear for the CAT (Common Admission Test). This test is conducted in November every year. After this test, candidates are shortlisted based on their academic performance, achievements, work experience and their CAT scores. In the next round of selections, candidates are called for a group discussion round and a personal interview round. Applicants who are interested in the IPMX programme have to appear for the GMAT exam. They will further be shortlisted based on their test scores, work experience, academic achievements and an interview round.
IIM Lucknow Placements
IIML is known for fetching good roles with noteworthy companies for its students. In the academic session of the year 2019, it was able to achieve 100% placement in only three days.
This recruitment drive had over 147 national and international organisations. Some of the positions offered were in the fields of finance, sales and marketing, consulting and business development.
The top recruiting partners of this institute include notable names such as Accenture, Amazon, Deloitte, Flipkart and the Boston Consulting Group. Furthermore, in 2019, many established companies came for recruitment purposes for the first time. Some of them were Axis Capital, KOIS Invest, Optum and Udaan. In the same year, the highest percentage of positions offered was in the consulting sector.
IIM Lucknow Scholarship Opportunities
IIML provides several financial aid options to its students to help them manage their financials. These scholarships are generally need-based scholarships, which are given based on both the academic performance of the student and his/her family income. Students are also encouraged to apply for different national and state scholarships options available to them. Students pursuing the FPM programme are eligible for different grants, including contingency grant, fellowship grant and conference support. Additionally, the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow offers other types of scholarships. These are Alumni Sponsored Scholarships, SC/ST Scholarship and Industry Sponsored Scholarship.
IIM Lucknow Special Programme
The International Exchange Programme offered by IIM Lucknow allows the students to pursue a part of their education in any reputable business school across the globe. Also, this institute welcomes many international students to its campus every year as a part of the exchange programme. These students are offered several amenities such as medical facilities, sports facilities and travel services. The students need to complete 5 to 6 credits if they come in the fourth term and 3 to 5 credits if they come in the sixth term.
|Also Known As||IIML|
|Website||Go to website|
|Popular Courses||MBA/PGDM , Executive MBA/PGDM|
|Total Courses||13 courses across 1 stream|
Cut-Offs for Last Round
CAT (General Category)
|Section||2018 (Cut-off by %ile)||2019 (Cut-off by %ile)|
IIM Lucknow Placement Highlights 2020
IIM Lucknow placements 2020 saw a few international offers as well from companies such as Apparel Group, Ernst & Young, RPG Group, Landmark Group, Bosch, Standard Chartered Bank and Tolaram Group. A few highlights from this year’s placements are tabulated below:
|Total number of recruiters||140|
|Total number of students who participated||443|
|Total number of offers made||447|
|Highest international salary offered||Rs 58.47 LPA|
|Highest domestic salary offered||Rs 54 LPA|
|Average salary offered||Rs 24.25 LPA|
|Median salary offered||Rs 23 LPA|
IIM Lucknow PGP Admission 2020: Important Dates
Important dates related to admission activities at IIM Lucknow are as below:
|IIM Lucknow Admission Activity||Important dates||Remarks|
|Shortlist Announcement for PI-WAT||January 4, 2020||Shortlisted candidates to fill & submit WAT-PI form online by stipulated deadline|
|Final selection (PI-WAT) round start date||February 2020||WAT component removed from final selection round 2020|
|Revised Schedule announced with online PI round||April 9, 2020
|Shortlisted candidates asked to submit consent form to participate in online PI round|
|Revised Admission Policy 2020 announced||April 15, 2020||Total Maximum Marks for final admission round reduced to 90 from 100|
|Final Admission Offer||May 2020, 3rd week||After receiving admission offer, confirm acceptance by the stipulated date|
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2020
IIM Lucknow announced its admission criteria 2020 with a reduced weightage for CAT 2019 score for the flagship PGP (MBA) 2020-22 batch.
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2020: Key Changes
- Reduced Weightage to 60% for CAT 2019 score in Shortlisting 2020
- Sectional CAT 2019 percentile required stands at 85 for PGP and 80 for PGP-ABM & PGP-SM
- Overall CAT 2019 percentile required is 90 for PGP and 85 for PGP-ABM & PGP-SM
- 50% weight for PI-WAT score in final admission selection 2020
- Minimum 24 Months Work Experience added as eligibility for PGP-SM 2020 Admission
IIM Lucknow Shortlisting Criteria
IIM Lucknow shortlisted the candidates on the basis of CAT 2019 score, past academic performance, and other criteria as under:
- The 1st stage of shortlisting in IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria awards 60% weight to CAT 2019 score, 20% weight to Academics, 10% to Work Experience and 10% to Diversity factor.
- The candidate must have scored minimum sectional percentile of 85 in each of the three sections of CAT 2019 – Quantitative Aptitude' (QA), ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning' (DILR) and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension' (VRC)
- A candidate must have scored minimum overall percentile of 90 in CAT 2019
- If the candidate has not scored minimum prescribed percentile in CAT 2019, he/she will not be considered for shortlisting for final selection stage.
- The candidate with excellent academics has been awarded higher points in shortlisting
- 98 & above percentile marks in Class 12 are awarded top rating of 10 points out of 100. There is a zero weightage if the candidate has scored less than 80 percentile in class 12.
- Graduation marks have also been awarded a weightage of 10 points by IIM Lucknow after applying the normalization process to different academic streams like Engineering; Science; Commerce; Arts and others.
- A female candidate is awarded 5 points out of 100 in the IIM Lucknow shortlisting criteria for final admission round.
- Work Experience carries a maximum weightage of 10% in the shortlisting. Only paid and full-time work experience of more than 6 months, acquired after completing the Bachelor’s Degree has been counted as on July 31, 2019.
- IIM Lucknow has awarded a weightage of 5 points for academic diversity. The courses that qualify for the award of weightage on academic diversity are Arts/Humanities, Commerce/Economics, Physical Education, Law, Medicine/Dentistry, Pharmacology/Pharmacy among others
- IIM Lucknow Admission Shortlisting Criteria 2020 Weightage Parameters for each programme are shared below:
|Sl No.||Component||PGP||PGP – ABM||PGP-SM|
|1.||Scaled CAT 2019 score (CS)||60||60||60|
|2.||Class 12 marks (12M)||10||10||10|
|3.||Graduation marks (GM)||10||10||10|
|4.||Work experience (WE)||10||0||10|
|5a.||Diversity Factor: (DFa): Academic Disciplines AD)||5||20*||5|
|5b.||Diversity Factor (DFb): Gender||5||5*||5|
*Maximum marks for diversity factor (DFa and DFb) cannot exceed 20 (for PGP-ABM Program only).
IIM Lucknow Final Admission Process
All the shortlisted candidates by IIM Lucknow earlier needed to participate in WAT & PI round at the designated centre on the designated date. However, for admission to the Batch 2020-22, the WAT component of 10 marks has been removed from the final selection process. Accordingly, the final merit list will be generated out of 90 marks instead of earlier 100 marks.
Final selection process at IIM Lucknow now consists of 5 components instead of 6 for admission 2020. A candidate’s final score for selection in PGP/PGP-ABM/PGP-SM program for the batch 2020–22 will be calculated on the basis of the assigned weights as given below:
|Sl No.||Component||Weight for PGP & PGP-SM programme||Weight for PGP-ABM programme|
|1||CAT 2019 score||30||35|
|2||Academic Performance (12M + GM)||5+5||5+5|
|3||Diversity Factor (DFa +DFb)||5||5|
|5||Personal Interview (PI)||40||40|
The minimum requirement for getting a pass in Personal Interviews is 12 out of 40 marks.