Jharkhand Public Service Commission, commonly known as JPSC is a state agency of Jharkhand constituted to recruit the candidates, conduct written competitive examinations and the interviews for state civil services and other examination in its jurisdiction.
Key Description of JPSC
Formed: 1 November 2000
Headquarters: Circular Rd, Deputy Para, Ahirtoli, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Sudhir Tripathi, (Chairman)
- Ranendra Kumar (Secretary)
- Niraj Kumari (Deputy Secretary)
- Manisha Joseph Tigga (Deputy Secretary)
- Gyanendra Kumar (Controller Examination)
- Gyan Prakash Minz (Dy. Controller Examination)
- A.K. Chattoraj (Member)
- Bhagwan Das (Member)
- Shrawan Sai (Member)
- Triveni NathSahu (Member)
Parent Department: Union Public Service Commission
History of JPSC
The history of JPSC started with merging 18 districts of Bihar that led the foundation of Jharkhand state accompanied with its state civil service commission under the provision of Article, 315, a part of Constitution of India. It came into existence in 15 November 2000.
Functions And Responsibilities JPSC
- The commission is permitted to function in accordance with the constitution of India and Union Public Service Commission which provides it the state public service commission amendments.
- Making recruitment to civil services and departmental posts.
- Conducting competitive examinations in the state.
- Conducting interviews, screening tests, and written test.
- Advising to state government on the suitability of officers for their appointment on promotion.
- Transferring the civil service officers from one service to another.
Heading disciplinary cases under its jurisdiction.
Commission Profile of JPSC
The Commission is supervised under the state governor and headed by commission's Chairman and members for their specific roles.