Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
List of IIMs: The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) located at Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode and Shillong are institutions of excellence, established with the objectives of imparting high quality management education and training, conducting research and providing consultancy services in the field of management to various sectors of the Indian economy.
These Institutions are recognized as premier management institutions, comparable to the best in the World for teaching, research and interaction with industries. All the IIMs are registered Societies governed by their respective Board of Governors.
During the XI Five Year Plan, six new IIMs have been set up at Rohtak (Haryana), Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Ranchi (Jharkhand), Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu), Kashipur (Uttarakhand) and Udaipur (Rajasthan).
IIMs conduct Post-graduate Diploma Programmes in Management, fellowship Programmes in Management, Short-term Management Development and Organization based programmes as well as carry out Research and Consultancy for the industry.
These Institutions also conduct research to cater to the needs of non-corporate and under-managed sectors, viz. Agriculture, Rural Development, Public Systems Management, Energy, Health Education, Habitat, etc. IIMs being role models have shared knowledge and skills with other institutions to improve their quality and standards in management education. IIMs have earned an international reputation for the quality of their alumni.
List of IIMs: Complete List of Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
|Name of the Institute
(List of IIMs)
|Kolkata, West Bengal
|Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
|Indore, Madhya Pradesh
|Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
|Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
|Bodh Gaya, Bihar
|Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
|Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir
List of IIMs in India: Highlights
- IIMs are located all across the country and rank the highest in terms of pedagogy, faculty, infrastructure, & training
- These colleges are also known for their high-paying placement opportunities in the corporate as well as the government sectors
- Six of the 20 IIMs feature in the top 10 of the NIRF-MHRD ranking of Top Management Institutes in India
- IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore and IIM Calcutta are among the Top 50 institutes for management education around the globe
- Admission to PGP/MBA courses offered by IIMs is done through CAT exam score, Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
- For Executive PGP courses, CAT and GMAT scores are accepted for shortlisting of candidates for WAT/GD and PI rounds
Programmes Offered by the List of IIMs in India
The IIMs offer postgraduate, doctoral and executive education programmes, such as,
- PGP/MBA: The two-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) is the flagship programme across all IIMs, and considered the equivalent of regular MBA programmes. After the passage of IIM Act 2017, most IIMs have started offering Master in Business
- Administration (MBA) degrees: The IIMs are best known and rated for this two-year full-time PGDM/PGP/MBA course.
- PGPX: Some IIMs also offer a one-year post-graduate diploma programme for graduates with work experience.
- FPM: Some IIMs offer Fellow Programme in Management (FPM), a doctoral programme considered to be equivalent to a PhD globally.
- Certificate Executive Programmes (Short Duration or Part Time): Most IIMs also offer short-duration executive education/EMBA courses and part-time programmes that offer certificates.
- Other Unique Programmes: Some IIMs also offer unique programs, like IIM Indore's Five Year Integrated Programme in Management and IIM Lucknow's Working Managers' Programme of three years.