The Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India under article 315 to select officers for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Maharashtra according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation.
The Head Office of the MPSC is located at the Maharashtra State Capital Mumbai.
Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a Constitutional Body established Under Article 315 of Constitution of India which provides a smooth and efficient functioning of the Government of Maharashtra by providing suitable candidates for various Government posts and advise them on various service matters like formulation of Recruitment Rules, advise on promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions etc.
Key Description of Maharashtra Public Service Commission
Location: Bank of India Bldg., 3rd floor, M.G.Road, Hutatma Chowk, Mumbai - 400 001, Maharashtra
Official Language: Marathi and English.
Chairman: Satish Gawai
Official Website MPSC
Exam Details of Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC)
There are some similarities between the Civil Service Examination at the Central Government level and the State Service Examination at the State Government level. For example, both of these tests lead to selection for the officer level. There are selections for officer posts at both Group-A and Group-B levels. Both these exams take place in three stages namely pre-examination, main examination, and personality test.
Selection for various posts is done through the State Service Examination of Maharashtra Public Service Commission.
- MPSC State Services Examination - State Service Examination
- MPSC Maharashtra Forest Services Examination - Maharashtra Forest Service Examination
- MPSC Maharashtra Agricultural Services Examination - Maharashtra Agricultural Service Examination
- MPSC Maharashtra Engineering Services Gr-A Examination - Maharashtra Engineering Services Group A Exam
- MPSC Maharashtra Engineering Services Gr-B Examination - Maharashtra Engineering Services Group B Exam
- MPSC Civil Judge (Jr Div), Judicial Magistrate (Ist Class) Competitive Exam - Civil Judge, Junior Level & Justice Magistrate, First Class Exam
- MPSC Asstt. Motor Vehicle Inspector Exam - Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Exam
- MPSC Assist. Engineer (Electrical) Gr-II, Maharashtra Electrical Engg Services, B - Assistant Engineer (Electrical) Category-2, Maharashtra Electrical Engineering Services, Group-B
- MPSC Police Sub-Inspector Examination - Police Sub-Inspector Examination
- MPSC Sales Tax Inspector Examination - Sales Tax Inspector Exam
- MPSC Tax Assistant Examination - Tax Assistant Group-A Exam
- MPSC Assistant Examination - Assistant Exam
- MPSC Clerk Typist Examination - Clerk-Typist Exam
Eligibility of MPSC 2021-2022
Graduate candidates of any branch who have completed 19 years of age can appear for the ‘State Service Examination’.
Candidates in the open group can appear for this examination till the age of 38 years and students in the reserved group can appear for this examination till the age of 43 years.
There is no restriction on how often you can take the exam. This test can be taken any number of times within the age limit. Candidate has to get Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra to appear for this examination.
Although ‘State Service Examination’ can be given in Marathi or English language, the candidate needs to have knowledge of Marathi. Candidate must have taken Marathi subject in the school certificate examination.