What is Motivation?
Motivation is the process that initiates, guides, and maintains goal-oriented behaviors. It is what causes you to act, whether it is getting a glass of water to reduce thirst or reading a book to gain knowledge. Check below top motivational quotes.
Motivation is an important factor which encourages persons to give their best performance and help in reaching enterprise goals. A strong positive motivation will enable the increased output of employees but a negative motivation will reduce their performance. A key element in personnel management is motivation.
Motivation involves the biological, emotional, social, and cognitive forces that activate behavior. In everyday usage, the term "motivation" is frequently used to describe why a person does something. It is the driving force behind human actions.
Motivation doesn't just refer to the factors that activate behaviors; it also involves the factors that direct and maintain these goal-directed actions (though such motives are rarely directly observable). As a result, we often have to infer the reasons why people do the things that they do based on observable behaviors.
Why We Need Motivation?
Anyone who has ever had a goal probably immediately realizes that simply having the desire to accomplish something is not enough. Achieving such a goal requires the ability to persist through obstacles and endurance to keep going in spite of difficulties.
Understanding motivation can:
- Help improve the efficiency of people as they work toward goals
- Help people take action
- Encourage people to engage in health-oriented behaviors
- Help people avoid unhealthy or maladaptive behaviors such as risk-taking and addiction
- Help people feel more in control of their lives
- Improve overall well-being and happiness
Collection of Best Motivational Quotes
- In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact. - Les Brown
- Have enough courage to start and enough heart to finish. – Jessica N. S. Yourko
- Hate comes from intimidation, love comes from appreciation. – Tyga
- I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong. – Harvey Specter
- Oh, the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
- Determine your priorities and focus on them. – Eileen McDargh
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. - Milton Berle
- Yesterday you said tomorrow. Just do it. – Nike
- I don’t need it to be easy, I need it to be worth it. – Lil Wayne
- The time is always right to do what is right. – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. – Rumi
- May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. – Nelson Mandela
- A happy soul is the best shield for a cruel world. – Atticus
- White is not always light and black is not always dark. – Habeeb Akande
- Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got. – R. Brault
- Happiness depends upon ourselves. – Aristotle
- Whatever you are, be a good one. ― Abraham Lincoln
- You can either experience the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is yours. – Unknown
- Impossible is just an opinion. – Paulo Coelho
- Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up. – Isabelle Lafleche
- Magic is believing in yourself. If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen. – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- If something is important enough, even if the odds are stacked against you, you should still do it. – Elon Musk
- Hold the vision, trust the process. – Unknown
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. – John D. Rockefeller
- People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point.
Top 10 Motivational Quotes Ever
- To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe. – Anatole France
- Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them. – Anonymous
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. – Aristotle Onassis
- Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you. – Arnold Palmer
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
- Don’t wait for your feelings to change to take the action. Take the action and your feelings will change. – Barbara Baron
- Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. – Benjamin Disraeli
- The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is how high you raise your foot. – Benny Lewis
- As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others. – Bill Gates
- Success comes from having dreams that are bigger than your fears. – Bobby Unser
Top 10 Motivational Quotes for Success
- Never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time. – Charles Dickens
- Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. – Coco Chanel
- The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same. – Colin R. Davis
- There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. – CS Lewis
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. – Dalai Lama
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all. – Dale Carnegie
- A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. – David Brinkley
- Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. – Dale Carnegie
- Perfection is boring. Getting better is where all the fun is. – Dragos Roua
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
Read fitness tips