List of Top Best WordPress Plugins For Blogs & Business Websites in 2020
You likely have many plugins on your site, but does your WordPress blog have the essential plugins?
Let me take this opportunity to point out a few plugins that will improve your site’s user experience and make WordPress admin tasks way easier.
These top WordPress plugins are handy for every blogger and webmaster on the WordPress platform.
1. Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin: Having an SEO plugin is essential for any WordPress blog to rank higher in search engines. This helps you to drive free traffic from search engines.
This plugin is a must-have for every WordPress blog out there. I have never seen any other free SEO plugin come even close to being as powerful and effective.
With this one plugin, you can cover all of your on-site and on-page SEO.This plugin comes in free & pro versions.
2. WP-Rocket : Wouldn’t it be great if your site loads super fast?
WordPress is a memory-hogging CMS. To ensure WordPress doesn’t make your web server crash, use a cache plugin along with powerful servers such as Bluehost or Kinsta.
There are many excellent WordPress cache plugins out there, but WP-Rocket tops every one of them for its simplicity and effectiveness. What more, it works great even on shared hosting!
Whenever a user browses your blog post, WordPress has to fetch that post from the WordPress database. Now, this process needs far too many PHP calls and thus put a lot of strain on your hosting server.
A multi-featured plugin, Jetpack is which is power-packed with many features.
This plugin is made by the people behind WordPress and is one of the most well-maintained WordPress plugins you will ever encounter.
Here are a few things that you will be able to do with the Jetpack WordPress plugin:
- Add a contact form.
- Track page views & search queries with powerful analytics.
- Monitor downtime and get notified when your site is down.
- Prevent hackers from brute forcing your blog’s login page.
- Provide social sharing buttons to let your reader share your blog posts.
- Auto-publicize your blog posts on Twitter, Facebook, and
- Google Plus after you publish any blog post.
- Show related posts to increase engagement & lower down bounce rate.
- Provide subscription options so that users can subscribe to your blog updates.
- Create a sitemap. However, I recommend you use the
- sitemap feature by Yoast SEO.
- Take daily backups of your blog using VaultPress
- Get a free CDN with Photon.
4. Akismet: Free your blog from comment spam! WordPress comment spam is something that you will face from day one.
When you start a WordPress blog, and you get some cheesy lines in the comments, you should not get excited. It is most likely a spam comment. For example:
“I love your blog. You’ve got an excellent writing style.”
“Your writing style is excellent and I have subscribed to your blog.”
“Wow! This is so informative!”
Check the URL, and you will realize that it leads to some spammy affiliate site.
Akismet is an official WordPress plugin from Automattic to prevent spam comments in WordPress.
It is the first plugin that you should install on any new blog. Your new blog will have the WordPress commenting feature, and if you don’t use this plugin, your blog will be spammed. The spammers only want to throw their links on your articles and don’t want to join the discussion.
This plugin will automatically move those comments that it considers spam into the trash can (deleting them permanently after a period of time).
5. PushEngage: is a unique plugin for driving more traffic to your blog. It adds a new way for your readers to subscribe to your blog. It adds web push technology, and readers using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers will get a notification to subscribe to your blog updates.
After that, whenever you publish a new blog post, your subscribers will get push notifications alerting them of a new post. You can also send manual push notifications to drive traffic to any specific blog post, landing pages or even an advertisers site.
6. Social Snap: Social bookmarking has become a major ranking factor for SEO.
One thumb rule for getting more shares is placing your social sharing buttons in prominent places. When readers see these options at the right time, they’re more likely to share your article.
Social Snap is by far the top social media sharing plugin. It lets you add sharing buttons on both your desktop and mobile sites.
It supports all modern platforms like:
- Pinterest (direct on the image)
- Reddit … and many more
7. Contact Form 7: When you search for contact form plugins, you will be bombarded with many options.
There are many premium ones (like Gravity), but Contact Form 7 is the simplest plugin to configure.
It’s also useful because it shows things like referral source which is very useful for knowing how your visitor navigated through your site before using the contact form.
One great thing about Contact Form 7 is the ability to customize it according to your needs. The form can be created, and every entry from it will be sent to your email.
You can also create multiple forms with multiple tables.
8. WordFence Plugin: There is no better time for securing your WordPress blog.
There are many security-related WordPress plugins out there, and you can use any of them.
But, WordFence is one of the top security plugins that can ensure your blog stays safe from hackers.
The features of this plugin are overwhelming, but essentially, this plugin ensures your blog doesn’t get hacked.
They roll out updates now and then to tackle the latest hacking and cracking techniques.
9. No Self Pings: I have seen numerous lists of useful WordPress plugins on the web, and it is surprising that no one has listed the No Self Pings plugin.
This simple plugin saves you from a lot of headaches.
When you link to any post from any other post on your blog, it sends a pingback. With this plugin, your blog will stop sending pingbacks from the blog itself.
This is a plug & play plugin without any extra configuration needed.
10. Easy Affiliate Links: This is a free plugin for WordPress which lets you manage all your affiliate links.
Easy Affiliate Links helps shorten and mask an awkward looking URL. It also helps in redirecting readers to your favorite affiliate programs.
For affiliate marketers, this plugin, will add a lot of value to your site.
11. OptinMonster: Can you think of a blog without an email list?
Well, OptinMonster is one great plugin that helps you capture emails.
This plugin offers many advanced features such as A/B testing, geolocation targeting, conditional pop-ups and even email subscription forms for mobile sites.
12. Broken Link Checker: Broken links are dead ends for search engines and suicide for your website’s SEO.
Broken Link Checker is a free plugin that continuously scans your blog for broken links and allows you to fix them with one click.
This plugin also avoids sending pings to your site when you publish posts with links to your own posts.
Top Tools for find Everything about any Websites