XLRI – Xavier School of Management (XLRI-XSM OR XLRI), formerly Xavier Labor Relations Institute, is a private business school founded in 1949 by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) and based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India.
Key Descriptions of XLRI:
Former Names: Xavier Labor Relations Institute
Motto in English: For The Greater Good
Type: Private business school
Established: 1949; 71 years ago
Founder: Society of Jesus (Jesuits)
Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic (Jesuit)
Academic Affiliations: AACSB, AMBA
Chairman: T. V. Narendran
Dean: Ashis Kumar Pani
Director: Fr. P. Christie, S.J.
Academic Staff: 81 + 27 visiting
Location: Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
History of Xavier School of Management
XLRI began by offering courses for management and trade unions in 1949 before setting up a two-year, full-time program in industrial welfare in 1953. In 1955 it took on the name Xavier Labor Relations Institute.
Academics Xavier School of Management
XLRI offers flagship two-year MBA programs- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) and Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM).
It also offers a 15 months General Management Program (GMP) and a doctoral level fellowship program (FPM). XLRI is also known for offering various short term management development programmes and a host of virtual programs.
Rankings Xavier School of Management
XLRI was ranked seventh among management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2019.
In the 2020 NIRF Rankings released on June 11, 2020, it was placed in the ninth position among Management schools.
It was ranked third in India by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2017" and Outlook India's "Top 100 Management Schools" of 2017.
Notable Alumni of XLRI
XLRI Alumni Network is the school's alumni club. Notable XLRI alumni include:
- Sonam Kapooor, Bubu and Chief Fun Officer, My Heart
- Abhijit Bhaduri, author and Chief Learning Officer, Wipro
- Abhishek Singh, former Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha for Rajnandgaon
- Akash Khurana, actor
- Ananth Vaidyanathan, actor and voice trainer
- Krishnakumar Natarajan, chairman, Mindtree
- Leena Nair, global senior vice-president (Leadership & Organisation Development), Unilever
- Rekha Menon, Chairman & Senior MD, Accenture in India
- Mohan Raman, television and film actor, management trainer
- B Muthuraman, vice-chairman, Tata Steel
- Naveen Jain, founder of income and Moon Express
- K. Pandiarajan, Minister for Tamil language, Tamil Culture and
- Archaeology Government of Tamil Nadu, Ma Foi Management Consultants
- Rakesh Kapoor, CEO, Reckitt Benckiser plc
- Sandeep Bakhshi, CEO and MD, ICICI Bank
- Sanjeeva Kumar Singh, Indian archery coach and chief at Tata Football Academy, Tata Steel
- Shantanu Gupta, author and political analyst
- Vineet Nayar, former CEO, HCL Technologies