The Assam Public Service commission (APSC) is an Indian government agency headquartered at Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara in Guwahati and functions through its own secretariat. Shri Pallab Bhattacharyya, IPS (Retd.) is its current Chairman.
Established on 1 April 1937 as Public Service Commission, in accordance with the provision of the Govt. of India Act, 1935.
Formed: 1 April 1937
- State Public Service Commission
- Public Service Commission
Jurisdiction: State of Assam
Headquarters: APSC Building , Jawahar nagar, Khanapara, Assam
- Pallab Bhattacharyya, Ex IPS, Chairman
- Sanjib Gohain Baruah, IAS, Member
- Niranjan Kalita, Member
Functions of Assam Public Service Commission
As mentioned in Article 320, Part XIV of the Constitution of India, the Commission shall be consulted on all matters relating to recruitment to civil services and posts in the state of Assam. The Assam Public Service Commission has to discharge the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations, the prime duties and functions of the Commission are:
- To recommend candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State Government.
- To advise the Government on the principles to be followed to assess the suitability of the officers for promotion.
- To advise the Govt. on all disciplinary matters affecting the person serving under the Government within the purview of the Commission;
- To advise the Government on all matters relating to framing of Recruitment Rules/Draft Service Rules of different departments of the Government;
- To advise the Government relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services;
- To advise the Government on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per the recommendation of the Commission;
- To conduct Departmental examinations for Government services.
APSC Various Exam
APSC has conducted various examinations every year for various vacancies of the Assam government. Here the list of some important examinations & vacancies filled up by Assam Public Service Commission.
- Civil Services Examination (Syllabus 2019)
- Assam Finance Service (FAO/TO) under the Finance Department (direct recruitment)
- Forest Ranger under Environment and Forest Department Assam
- Junior Administrative Examination
- ADO under Agriculture Department Assam
- Asstt. Prof. etc. in Engineering Colleges of Assam under Education Higher (Technical) Department
- Lecturer in IFIC (In-Service Education), DIET in the Directorate of SCERT under Elementary Education Department
- Assistant Engineer (C), PHE
- Research Asstt. under the Urban Development Department
- Asstt. Programmer in APSC Office
- Fishery Development Officer and Allied Cadre under the Fishery Department
- Lecturer etc. in Polytechnics of Assam under Education Higher (Technical) Department
- AE (Civil) under Handloom & Textile Department